Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 15 mins
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins
- coconut oil, for greasing baking
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken
(I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (14 ounce) can El Pato enchilada
- 1 (6 ounce) can of diced green
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and
diced (or any color you like)
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- cilantro, to garnish
- goat cheese, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350
degrees. Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add
shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, bell pepper, onion, garlic,
chili powder, oregano, and salt and pepper. (feel free to be generous with the
salt) and mix well.
- Then add eggs and mix well
- Pour mixture into baking
- Place in oven and bake for
1 hour and 15 minutes. Check at 1 hour to see if eggs have completely cooked
through and cook extra 15 minutes, if needed.
- Let rest for 5 minutes
then garnish with goat cheese (optional) and cilantro.